Guests will find thousands of fresh ideas in home decorating, improvement, building, technology, green living and landscaping at the 15th Annual Austin Home & Garden Show Friday, January 11 through Sunday, January 13 at the Palmer Events Center, 900 Barton Springs Road. Marking its 15th year, the show boasts over 150 vendors and experts on everything from curb to kitchen. In honor of our soldiers, the show offers complimentary admission to all active duty military personnel with valid ID.
Hundreds of Central Texas’ top experts on design, homebuilding, gardening, landscaping and green living will be present to chat one-on-one with guests; answer questions, offer demonstrations and hold fun and interactive presentations.
The show features a very special celebrity guest; Jason Cameron, host of the DIY Networks’ popular “Desperate Landscapes” and “Man Caves”. Just in time for football season, Jason will be holding seminars and question/answer sessions on Man Caves, lawn and garden and other household design challenges.
Other highlights include the latest trends in kitchen and bath, an amazing Home Improvement Zone, displays on pools, spas, sunrooms, windows and doors, interior design, outdoor living, and furniture and bedding. Guests can even discover the latest trends in home technology, security and green living.
Unique post-holiday shopping will delight guests, with gourmet gifts, art and GO TEXAN products. There will also be a fascinating ‘Birds of Prey’ demonstration.
The show is $8.50 for adults (17+), $6.00 for seniors (65+) all weekend, and free for those 16 and under. Retired military receive $6.00 tickets and there is complimentary admission for all active duty military personnel (valid ID required). Visit www.austinhomeandgardenshow.com for a $1.00 off admission coupon. Free tote bags are available upon admission while supplies last.
WHAT: The 15th Annual Austin Home & Garden Show
WHEN: January 11 - 13, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2-7pm
Saturday, January 12, 10am-7pm
Sunday, January 13, 11am-5pm
WHERE: Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Road | Austin, TX 78704
Parking: $7 at the Palmer Events Center Garage
- Celebrity Appearances by James Cameron host of the DIY Networks’ popular “Desperate Landscapes” and “Man Caves”
- Appliances, Fixtures and Hardware new ideas and expert advice
- Green Living earth-friendly and energy-saving tips and ideas
- Home Improvement Zone featuring everything from the front door to the backyard.
- Interior Design inspiration on breathtaking and comfortable interiors
- Latest trends in Kitchen & Bath getting the greatest return on your investment.
- Man Cave tips and ideas to create the ultimate man space
- Windows and Doors energy efficient options
- Gardens & Landscapes creating beautiful and lush curb appeal
- Outdoor living and leisure create a fun and enjoyable outdoor retreat
- Pools, spas and sunrooms for every budget inspiration to create a backyard get-away or enhance outdoor spaces
- Flooring & Appliances learn what works best in all spaces
- Furniture and Bedding from latest trends to timeless inspiration
- Home Technology and Security latest technology in keeping home and family safe
- Birds of Prey exciting, informative demonstration for all ages
- Art, Gift & Gourmet Center pick up some locally made GO TEXAN gift and treats
About James Cameron:
On the outside, Jason Cameron looks like a TV star. But on the inside, he’s all handyman and all business. Watch him work and it quickly becomes apparent this licensed contractor really knows his stuff, especially when it comes to his own personal passions: home improvement and landscaping. Jason says he recently even gutted his own home and completely revamped the backyard. Now he’s putting his extensive hands-on expertise to work for DIY Network building, landscaping, hardscaping and more. A native of Toledo, Ohio, Jason worked his way through Northern Michigan University as a carpenter, and then moved to the Northern Jersey/New York City area where he continued his carpentry and general contracting business. Catch Jason putting all his tools to work on DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves.
ADMISSION: The show is $8.50 for adults (17+), $6.00 for seniors (65+) all weekend, and free for those 16 and under. Retired military receive $6.00 tickets and there is complimentary admission for all active duty military personnel (valid ID required). Visit www.austinhomeandgardenshow.com for a $1.00 off admission coupon. Free tote bags are available upon admission while supplies last.